EventCity is the largest and most versatile exhibition, conference and multi-purpose venue in the North of England. We are looking for an enthusiastic Sales Executive, ideally you will have previous experience within the events/hospitality industry, however, this is not essential. The role will involve talking to prospective clients on the phone, using a consultative sales process to establish a customer’s needs and objectives, articulating solutions and converting them into long term clients.
Your ability to build rapport and your attention to detail will be essential to your success in this role. As this is a sales role, you will be eager to spot opportunities and have a creative vision to meet our client’s needs to help our team deliver truly successful events.
We are looking for a confident Sales Executive with strong negotiation skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use our brand standards and way of working to answer and manage incoming sales calls and enquiries
- Provide tailored proposals and contracts to clients
- Manage the event diary to ensure all meeting spaces and halls are priced and utilised effectively
- Support the proactive sales team in developing sales leads from new enquiries
- Deliver clear and timely client contract handovers to the operations and catering teams
- Offer proactive telesales support where required
- Deliver site visits for clients when required, to the standards set by EventCity
- Identify, promote and contract relevant further products and services to our clients
- Support with any training or offsite meeting activity where requested
- Compile and distribute weekly sales updates
- To carry out other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Knowledge of the events sector
- Good understanding of the consultative sales process
- Experience of managing venue diaries
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work without supervision
- Understanding of catering and production services including AV.
- Understanding of event profit and loss
- Microsoft software – Word, Excel
We are looking for someone who has the same passion for our industry and clients as we do, so if this sounds like you, please get in touch with the Careers Team today at Peel.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER IN RETURN:
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- 25- Days Holiday, plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Peel Pension Plan
- Healthcare Cash Plan – Our healthcare cash plan provides reimbursement towards your everyday healthcare costs such as dental & optical
- Annual Health Screenings – We provide free annual health screening for employees with a health physiologist on site (site dependent)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Retailer discounts
- Free Car parking
- Festive Bonus
For full role details and to apply, please contact the Careers Team at Peel
WE LOVE TO WORK WITH OUR CANDIDATES DIRECTLY SO NO AGENCIES PLEASE.